Hold Negligent Drivers Accountable After A Car Accident
At the Law Office of Colonna & Doyle, we handle a broad range of personal injury cases resulting from car accidents from our office in Lynnfield, Massachusetts. Something we take great pride in when handling motor vehicle crash cases is our level of skill and personal service. We assist in all aspects of auto accident claims from completing the Massachusetts Crash Report to the clients’ property damage and/or total loss claims. In addition to this help, we aid in the coordination of benefits with insurance companies and are happy to alleviate this burden from the client.
The staff here at Colonna & Doyle can handle just about any matter that arises from a car crash; we are very knowledgeable in all aspects of personal injury claims. See our “case results” page and you will see that we recently obtained a $1 million settlement for a client, in addition to the four-, five- and six-figure cases we handle regularly. No case is too big or too small for our office to handle it proficiently. Our attorneys have over 100 years of combined legal experience and are ready to handle your case.
Caring Attorneys. Diligent Representation.
We represent clients throughout the North Shore of Massachusetts with every type of motor vehicle accident. In addition to regular auto accidents, we also handle:
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcyclists have little protection from negligent and distracted drivers, which can result in devastating injuries.
- Collisions with bicycles or pedestrians – These crashes involve vulnerable victims with no protection from a moving car.
- MBTA accidents – We can bring actions against the Metro Boston Transit Authority if you are injured in an accident involving a bus or train.
- Truck crashes – This includes all types of commercial trucks, such as semi-trucks, tractor-trailers and 18-wheelers.
- Drunk driving accidents – We hold drunk drivers accountable for their actions when they injure others.
- Fatal motor vehicle crashes – When a car accident results in the loss of a loved one, we can help you bring a wrongful death claim.
Modified Negligence and Car Accidents
Massachusetts follows the doctrine of modified negligence in personal injury cases. In essence, if the court decides you are 51percent or more at fault, you aren’t eligible to recover any damages. If however, you are found to be 50 percent or less at fault, your recovery will be reduced by the percentage of your fault.
For example, if you suffer $100,000 in losses but are 30 percent at fault, the most you could recover is $70,000. Insurance companies are aware of this and have a vested interest in shifting as much blame onto you, the injury victim, as possible. That’s why our attorneys work closely with accident investigators when necessary to assign fault and counter claims on the part of the insurance investigators interested in protecting their employer.
Committed to Providing Personal Service
One way we demonstrate our firm’s commitment to providing personal service is by being responsive to all our clients’ needs and keeping clients informed throughout this process. There is always an experienced person here at Colonna & Doyle to take our clients’ calls and respond to their questions. We understand that anyone injured in a motor vehicle accident, who suffered a pedestrian injury, or any other serious mishap does not want to feel abandoned by their lawyer.
Our Practice Areas
A Reputation For Excellence